[GRASS5] 5.0.0 branch started...

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Apr 11 11:35:28 EDT 2001

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 04:57:06PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> - please don't submit to the exp/head

You mean: Do not submit bug-fixes to the exp/head, right?

>  - heavy testing of the branch is needed (all platforms)
>  - eventual bugs are to be fixed
>  - publish it asap!

As a beta or prerelease?

>  - merge the fixes back into exp/head tree, close the branch

We should not really close the branch.

> Timeline: One (or two) weeks for the stable release?

You need a date for the beta release, one week from here.
Then we need another date for the actual 5.0.0 release.
Another four weeks.

Please include: Everybody who does not find bugs in the beta
cannot complain about them being in 5.0.0..

	Bernhard

The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            	  (fsfeurope.org)