[GRASS5] 5.0.0 branch started...

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Apr 11 11:57:06 EDT 2001

Hi all,

(oops, I did it again)
the branching has been started. This means:

- please don't submit to the exp/head
- only fixes should go into this branch, no experiments
- please read the instructions :-)
  documents/release_rules.txt

As most of us are not yet familiar with branches, we all
have to learn.

The new branch name is:
releasebranch_11_april_2001_5_0_0

# The branch can be checked out with
#
#   cvs -z3 checkout -r releasebranch_11_april_2001_5_0_0 grass

I hope I tagged it correctly (to verify, see tools/cvsbranch.sh).

What to do now:
 - heavy testing of the branch is needed (all platforms)
 - eventual bugs are to be fixed
 - publish it asap!
 - merge the fixes back into exp/head tree, close the branch
 - start 5.1

Timeline: One (or two) weeks for the stable release?

Regards

 Markus