[GRASS5] Re: 5.1 architecture

John Reid jgreid at uow.edu.au
Wed Apr 11 12:06:08 EDT 2001

Hi,

B. Byars wrote:

> John,
>
> Major architecture changes should be planned for release 6.x  It would be better
> for Markus and his crew to concentrate on enhancing 5.x rather than worry with
> major architecture changes.  There will still need to be features added for a 5.1
> without a major architecture change.
>
> Bruce

Sorry, didn't make myself clear.  These were just pie in the sky ideas -
I would mainly like some feedback if this idea makes any sense for long
term planning (yes/no - if yes I'll investigate further).  Definitely
post 5.1.  However, my intention is not a major architecture redesign,
I'm thinking of something more similar in scope to the new graphical
startup.

However, defintely would appreciate any pointers to any information on
standards comparisons and CORBA/GRASS.

cheers

john reid                                  e-mail john_reid at uow.edu.au

uproot your questions from their ground and the dangling roots will be
seen.  more questions!
                                                       -mentat zensufi

apply standard disclaimers as desired...