[GRASS5] [GRASSLIST:1724] EGM96 geoid model?

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue Apr 10 04:14:26 EDT 2001

Hi all,

as Dieter Lehmann has some DNS problems, I am forwarding his mail:

Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 14:03:36 +0200 (CEST)
From: Dieter Lehmann <lehmann at fh-nuertingen.de>
To: GRASSLIST at baylor.edu
Subject: FW: EGM96

Hello,

(this message might come twice, I get a returned mail because of an not
reachable DNS-Server).

I need some advice in the area of projections...

How to create a location with the following attributes:

Projection: UTM
Horizontal Datum: WGS84
Geoid Model: EGM96 (thats the problem)
Vertical Reference Mean Sea Level (MSL)

It seems, that GRASS have no idea about EGM96, is there another Geoid-name
with the simular specifications?

Is the way correct to import the data into an UTM location, create a
Gaus-Krueger location and import the data from the UTM-location with
r.proj?

Thanks,
Dieter

Dieter Lehmann
University of applied Sciences
Schelmenwasen 4-8
D-72622 Nuertingen, Germany
lehmann at fh-nuertingen.de
Phone: +49 (0) 7022 404 Ext. 192 or Ext. 152
Fax: +49 (0) 7022 404 Ext. 166