[GRASS5] error on make r3.showdspf

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sat Apr 7 05:02:29 EDT 2001

Panoot Suwanwiwattana wrote:

> I just delete /GL header file in /usr/X11R6/GL and recompile again. but it
> has another error on "../r3.showdspf.opengl/new_init_graphic.c:569:undefined
> reference to 'GLwCreateMDrawingArea' "

This indicates that it isn't linking against the correct library.

Mesa's libGLwM should define this symbol. Recent versions of XFree86
include a libGLw (which contains both Motif and non-Motif versions of
the widget), BUT it doesn't define the symbol GLwCreateMDrawingArea.
Instead, it defines two different symbols, GLwCreateM1DrawingArea and
GLwCreateM2DrawingArea, for Motif 1.x and 2.x respectively.

The header file /usr/X11R6/include/GL/GLwDrawA.h (included by
GLwMDrawA.h) defines GLwCreateMDrawingArea as a macro which expands to
one of these two symbols depending upon which version of Motif is
installed.

If the compiler used the OpenGL header files from Mesa (you say that
you deleted the XFree86 ones), but the linker is trying to link
against the XFree86 library, this would create the problem which you
describe.

> Is the IIRC problem? and How to install IIRC? I am linux beginner and i know
> a little bit about linux.

"IIRC" is an abbreviation for "If I Recall Correctly".