[GRASS5] r3.showdspf cann't find display file

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Apr 2 04:41:14 EDT 2001

Hi Panoot Suwanwiwattana,

On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 02:17:25AM -0400, Panoot Suwanwiwattana wrote:
> hi, all
>
> I am a beginner GRASS user. I want to generate 3D subsurface soil for my
> thesis, but i have some problem in GRASS.
> I had created vol. by s.vol.idw then use r3.mkdspf to make a display file
> (mymap at PERMANENT) but when i use r3.showdspf, it show "ERROR: Not able to
> find display file for [dspf]".
> I use grass5beta11.bin.linux for i386. Do i make some mistake concept (site
> data -> s.vol.idw -> s.vol.idw -> r3.mkdspf -> r3.showdspf)?

First a recommendation: There are severe problems in s.vol.idw, you
may use s.vol.rst for volume interpolation.

Generally your procedure is correct. If you start r3.showdspf interactively,
you should be able to list the display files (currently I don't have it
compiled so that I cannot test it).

Consider to run
r3.out.v5d -> vis5d to visualize volumes.

Probably the r3.mkdspf didn't run properly? Any error messages there?

Please be aware that there are severe bugs in the G3D library (therefore
these modules won't appear in the next binary release any more unless
someone looks at it).

Regards

 Markus Neteler

--
Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology