[GRASS5] r3.showdspf cann't find display file

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Mon Apr 2 04:22:55 EDT 2001

On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 02:17:25AM -0400, Panoot Suwanwiwattana wrote:
> hi, all
>
> I am a beginner GRASS user. I want to generate 3D subsurface soil for my
> thesis, but i have some problem in GRASS.
> I had created vol. by s.vol.idw then use r3.mkdspf to make a display file
> (mymap at PERMANENT) but when i use r3.showdspf, it show "ERROR: Not able to
> find display file for [dspf]".
> I use grass5beta11.bin.linux for i386. Do i make some mistake concept (site
> data -> s.vol.idw -> s.vol.idw -> r3.mkdspf -> r3.showdspf)?

There's a bug in the naming of the output file from r3.mkdspf.  It'll be
there, just not named as you specified (has some extra junk added).  If
I'm remembering correctly, if you go into the grid3 directory under the
mapset and move the dsp<semi-random junk> directory to "dsp", everything
will function normally thereafter (including creation of new dspf
files).  I may have misremembered, but it's something like that...

In general, the grid3 modules are not well supported at this time (and
will not be in GRASS 5.0).

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>