[GRASS5] Re: [winGRASS] ARG_MAX and parser.c

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Wed Aug 8 14:34:40 EDT 2001

Hi John, Markus, Glynn et al.

There is no ARG_MAX in src/libes/gis/parser.c and there will never be
one.

I just added some ifdefs to
src.garden/grass.postgresql/d.site.pg/main.c, as this did not compile on
cygwin.

On my cygwin install there is no ARG_MAX defined anywhere, only
_POSIX_ARG_MAX (in limits.h). So i defined ARG_MAX to be _POSIX_ARG_MAX
if it is undefined. This should be 4096 in any case.

What i changed may not be very sophisticated, but i think the
grass.postgresql code needs some major cleanup. It compiles now on Linux
and cygwin and if someone experiences any problems, i'll change that to
something that works on all platforms.

Hope that is clarified now,

cu

Andreas

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> may someone clarify below?
>
> On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 04:07:06AM -0600, John Huddleston wrote:
> > Wingrass,
> >
> > I see that someone checked in src/libes/gis/parser.c with ARG_MAX
> > It used to be 1024 in size.  The Posix size is 4096.   Normally this is
> > in the limits.h file.   Maybe we can put something in out gis.h header.
> > The char *G_recreate_command (void) function uses it lines 1365
> > and 1369.
> >
> > #ifndef ARG_MAX
> > #define ARG_MAX 4096
> > #endif
> >
> > Is that too large a size?
> >
> > John Huddleston
>
> Thanks,
>
>  Markus

url: http://mitglied.tripod.de/AndreasLange
mail: Andreas.Lange_at_Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange_at_GMX.net