[GRASS5] g3d

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Aug 9 09:20:28 EDT 2001

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Helena wrote:

> evolution of g3d is a long story and as of now it is still buggy and will
> be hopefully part of next release (GRASS5.1). It is for working with
> volumetric data - 3D rasters. Look at our website for examples of
> applications that we have done for the prototype.

Helena,

  Thanks for the insight. I assumed that the purpose was volumetric analysis
and disply, so how closely related to nviz is it? Do the g3d modules do data
processing that's displayed with nviz?

  I'm just trying to understand how it all fits together, not pushing for
anything to be complete now.

Thanks,

Rich