[GRASS5] WARNING: CVS broken

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Aug 9 18:31:54 EDT 2001

Roger Miller wrote:

> > I just tried a "cvs update", and it very much looks as if the CVS
> > repository has suffered a botched merge attempt. I *really* hope that
> > someone has a backup.
>
> If there are no better solutions then I have the the entire tagged release
> that I downloaded and updated about 4 1/2 hours ago. I've made no changes.

I meant a backup of the repository itself; I reverted my local copy
with "cvs update -r ... -D ...".

But the repository itself would ideally be restored to the state it
was in before the snafu. Otherwise there's going to be a pretty
massive artifact in the revision history. Unfortunately CVS doesn't
have a "rollback" command.