[GRASS5] little help

Kevin Slover kjslover at nhc.noaa.gov
Fri Aug 24 09:38:45 EDT 2001

Hello everyone, actually, I have a grass related question, though not
really technically related, and since the grasslist is not working at
this point in time, thought I would drop the question here (and who
better to ask then the developers...)
I am looking at purchasing a new system to run GRASS and other linux
applications on (V5d, VAd, etc..) and am looking for a recommendation on
what I should get...I am looking more for a entry level preferibly not
spending more than $4000 at this point in time, but able to be upgraded
for in the future as more money comes in.  I have looked at Dell
Workstations at this point...and found one that should suit my
needs...would a dual processor help??  Of course I have used SGI, but
out of the price range at this point in time..
sorry to post this here, but just wanting some input from knowledgeable
people...thanks again...

--
Kevin Slover, Meteorologist/Oceanographer
Tropical Prediction Center/National Hurricane Center

Work: (305) 229-4456 Fax : (305) 553-1264
e-mail:  kjslover at nhc.noaa.gov  kevin.slover at noaa.gov
Web address:  http://www.nhc.noaa.gov