[GRASS5] d.his r.his question

Bob Covill bcovill at tekmap.ns.ca
Wed Dec 12 19:48:00 EST 2001

Glynn;

I have been trying the new r.his to generate RGB files, followed by
r.composite to assemble the files into a single combined image. I have
compared the results to the results from my old d.his method.

What I found is that the new r,his is written only for CELL type data.
If the data is floating point only the integer values are used and
consequently the integer color is used. The end rsult of this is a final
image with distinct color breaks as opposed to a smooth color range from
the original hue map.  In my case the original hue map is a floating
point DEM with a custom color table. The intensity map is an integer
shaded relief map generated from the DEM.

I guess the question is, should r.his be only used for imagery (CELL)
data or should it be expanded to include FCELL type data? Would it be
better to come up with a new program to combine a hue map with a
intensity map? Starting to sound like the same questions asked over.

--
Bob Covill