[GRASS5] [bug #876] (grass) v.support option=edit permissions bug

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Sun Dec 16 21:14:30 EST 2001

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001 00:34:09 +0100 (CET), Request Tracker <grass-bugs at intevation.de> wrote:

> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=876
>
> Subject: v.support option=edit permissions bug
>
> Platform: Solaris 8/SPARC
> Xwindows version: Sun X11R6.4
> Xwindows manager: dtwm/CDE
> grass downloaded at: CVS Server, Germany
> grass binary for platform: I compiled the sources myself
> grass sources source: yes, I am using the latest GRASS from CVS
> c compiler name: gcc
>
> v.support option=edit
> does not correctly recognize map=map at PERMANENT.
> v.supprot should not start in interactive mode if there is no write permission to the mapset. But it does.
>
> e. g. in active mapset andreas:
> v.support option=edit map=roads at PERMANENT
> after editing:
> G__open(w): xmapset (PERMANENT) != G_mapset() (andreas)
> Category file for [roads at PERMANENT] updated
> (but it is really not updated, the change is lost!)
>
> There are IMHO some other minor inconsistencies with v.support option=edit and v.support option=build.

I put in some checks that the map is in the current mapset before
continuing.  So, it should exit with an error now if the map is
not editable.  v.support is pretty ugly the way it was constructed.
It probably wouldn't hurt to rewrite it (it's pretty short, since
it mostly just launches other programs to do the work).

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>