[GRASS5] [bug #876] (grass) v.support option=edit permissions bug

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Sun Dec 16 18:34:09 EST 2001

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=876

Subject: v.support option=edit permissions bug

Platform: Solaris 8/SPARC
Xwindows version: Sun X11R6.4
Xwindows manager: dtwm/CDE
grass downloaded at: CVS Server, Germany
grass binary for platform: I compiled the sources myself
grass sources source: yes, I am using the latest GRASS from CVS
c compiler name: gcc

v.support option=edit
does not correctly recognize map=map at PERMANENT.
v.supprot should not start in interactive mode if there is no write permission to the mapset. But it does.

e. g. in active mapset andreas:
v.support option=edit map=roads at PERMANENT
after editing:
G__open(w): xmapset (PERMANENT) != G_mapset() (andreas)
Category file for [roads at PERMANENT] updated
(but it is really not updated, the change is lost!)

There are IMHO some other minor inconsistencies with v.support option=edit and v.support option=build.

Andreas