[GRASS5] [bug #879] (grass) s.reclass: obviously not working

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Tue Dec 18 21:58:15 EST 2001

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 18:37:17 +0100 (CET), Request Tracker <grass-bugs at intevation.de> wrote:

> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=879
>
> Subject: s.reclass: obviously not working
>
> Hi,,
> any awk guru out there?
>
> Today I tried s.reclass with no avail. Neither
>
> 1 2 3 4 = 1
> nor
> 1 thru 4 = 1
> nor
> 1 = 2
> rule is accepted.
>
> I remember that the script was working once...
>
> The awk-based script is in
> src/scripts/contrib/s.reclass
>
> Perhaps worth a fix,
>
> thanks
>
>  Markus
>
> PS: I have at least improved the cmd line "parser" today...

It makes some assumptions about sites files that won't necessarily
be true (uses old format).

Any objection to writing it in C using the sites
API? Hardest part would be writing the rules parser and setting
up the look-up table, but both r.reclass and v.reclass should
have code that does that already....

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>