[GRASS5] r.in.gdal tiff and adf

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Wed Dec 19 13:08:17 EST 2001

I have finally downloaded gdal and I am trying to run some tests.
So far I had the following problems:

1. I tried to import Arcinfo grid binary, but it is not recognized
(it is listed as supported with the suffix aig - do I understand it
correctly?):

ERROR 4: `w001001.adf' not recognised as a supported file format.

the coverage has these files:
dblbnd.adf  hdr.adf  log  prj.adf  sta.adf  vat.adf  w001001.adf
w001001x.adf

2. I have tiff images which can be imported with r.in.tiff but gdal does
not like them.
These files were created from sid probably on Mac - is there anything
that one should do when converting to tiff to make sure it can be
imported
by r.in.gdal?

GRASS:/data/indata/LakeWheeler/Gis/data/color_ir > r.in.gdal
c0792_004.TIF out=test
ERROR 1: c0792_004.TIF:0: Bad value for "SamplesPerPixel

any feedback will be appreciated,

Helena