[GRASS5] [bug #882] (grass) Configure errors

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Thu Dec 20 03:05:43 EST 2001

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=882

Subject: Configure errors

Platform: Linux/Intel
Linux distro: RedHat
linux cpu: Intel (i486, i586, pentium ...)
Xwindows version: Xfree 4.0.x
Xwindows manager: KDE 2.x
TclTk version: tcl/tk 8.3
grass downloaded at: CVS Server, Germany
grass binary for platform: I compiled the sources myself
grass sources source: no, I got a source code package from the server

./configure reports the following error:

checking whether to use Tcl/Tk... yes
checking for location of Tcl/Tk includes...
checking for tcl.h... yes
checking for tk.h... no
configure: error: *** Unable to locate Tk includes.

but tk is installed and tk.h is in /usr/include!!!
If I force header location:

./configure --with-tcltk-includes=/usr/include

checking whether to use Tcl/Tk... yes
checking for location of Tcl/Tk includes... /usr/include
checking for tcl.h... yes
checking for tk.h... no
configure: error: *** Unable to locate Tk includes.

rpm -qi tk reports that Tk 3.3.3 is installed.

Then I've done ./configure --without-tcltk and it doesn't find
the postgresql includes (they are in /usr/include/pgsql, I have
to force that location). I have Mesa 3.4.2 installed but configure
says:

checking whether to use OpenGL... yes
checking for location of OpenGL includes...
checking for GL/gl.h... yes
checking for GL/glu.h... yes
checking for location of OpenGL library...
checking for glBegin in -lGL... no
checking for glBegin in -lGL... no
configure: error: *** Unable to locate OpenGL library.

... REQUIREMENTS says that Mesa 3.x is needed, but this one is
not recognized.
Umpf, in the end configure does its work with the following parameters:

./configure --without-tcltk --with-postgres-includes=/usr/include/pgsql --without-opengl --without-odbc --without-fftw

(odbc and fftw in fact are not installed, but do you expect that they
are installed on the average machine? The should be disabled IHMO)