[GRASS5] [bug #882] (grass) Configure errors

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Thu Dec 20 08:52:26 EST 2001

Hi Andrea,

Request Tracker wrote:

> ./configure reports the following error:
>
> checking whether to use Tcl/Tk... yes
> checking for location of Tcl/Tk includes...
> checking for tcl.h... yes
> checking for tk.h... no
> configure: error: *** Unable to locate Tk includes.
>
> but tk is installed and tk.h is in /usr/include!!!
> If I force header location:

Usually tcl/tk is found. But perhaps there was some incompatible change
from 8.3.1 (which is running here) to 8.3.3? Or tk.h is only a
place-holder? No idea here.

> ./configure --with-tcltk-includes=/usr/include
>
> checking whether to use Tcl/Tk... yes
> checking for location of Tcl/Tk includes... /usr/include
> checking for tcl.h... yes
> checking for tk.h... no
> configure: error: *** Unable to locate Tk includes.
>
> rpm -qi tk reports that Tk 3.3.3 is installed.
>
> Then I've done ./configure --without-tcltk and it doesn't find
> the postgresql includes (they are in /usr/include/pgsql, I have
> to force that location). I have Mesa 3.4.2 installed but configure
> says:

yes, the postgresql includes are in different dirs on different
platforms/distros.

> checking whether to use OpenGL... yes
> checking for location of OpenGL includes...
> checking for GL/gl.h... yes
> checking for GL/glu.h... yes
> checking for location of OpenGL library...
> checking for glBegin in -lGL... no
> checking for glBegin in -lGL... no
> configure: error: *** Unable to locate OpenGL library.
>
> ... REQUIREMENTS says that Mesa 3.x is needed, but this one is
> not recognized.
> Umpf, in the end configure does its work with the following parameters:

What _exactly_ do you have installed?
I have installed Mesa-devel-3.3-5 and Mesa-3.3-5 rpms (Red Hat 7.0 based
system).

> ./configure --without-tcltk --with-postgres-includes=/usr/include/pgsql --without-opengl --without-odbc --without-fftw
>
> (odbc and fftw in fact are not installed, but do you expect that they
> are installed on the average machine? The should be disabled IHMO)

fftw is needed for several modules. It is a clean build (./configure;
make; make install) on all systems i encountered so far. Maybe there is
a rpm file too.

HTH,

Andreas
url: http://mitglied.tripod.de/AndreasLange
mail: Andreas.Lange_at_Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange_at_GMX.net