[GRASS5] r.cost

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Sun Dec 30 23:56:58 EST 2001

On Mon, 31 Dec 2001 04:22:33 +0000, Glynn Clements <glynn.clements at virgin.net> wrote:

> I'd like to propose that r.cost be changed to eliminate the "dual use"
> of the "output=" option, by adding a separate "start_rast=" option. If
> none of the "start_sites=", "coordinate=" or "start_rast=" options are
> given, an error would be generated.
>
> Any objections?

None here.  That behaviour is atypical of most modules, and could be a
nasty surprise for the unwary.  Generally, I think, modules
should not overwrite existing data.  There are a few exceptions,
but better to force the user to make a conscious decision to
run g.remove rather than let an accident ruin someone's day.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>