[GRASS5] developers list search engine available

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Fri Feb 23 17:20:55 EST 2001

Bob,

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 02:39:08PM -0400, Bob Covill wrote:
> Markus,
>
> Just going throught the BUG list to see if I can help with anything.
>
> r.in.bin - This uses G_scan_east and G_scan_northing to read input input
> coordinates, so DD:mm:ss should work. I can update the html man page on this.
Fine, thanks.

> i.rectify - update history. It appears that i.rectify and i.rectify2 just copy
> the original rasters history and do not make any changes. I will look at adding
> a section to change the History structure accordingly.
If you manage this: Could you make the r.buffer-wish come true to
write the buffer distances into history as well? Then you can later
still understand how the file was generated (this is also somewhere in
BUGS or TODO.txt). Will be a small thing.

> Great to hear that NVIZ is working well for you with the new video upgrade. I am
> curious to know if you are able to get a larger high resolution output with the
> new tile dumping routines. Theoretically a higher end video setup should have a
> larger OpenGL viewport. But I wonder if the max size is hardwired in OpenGL.
> I think it is defined in gl.h?
Just found in
/usr/include/GL/osmesa.h
:
 * The limits on the width and height of an image buffer are MAX_WIDTH and
 * MAX_HEIGHT as defined in Mesa/src/config.h.  Defaults are 1280 and 1024.
 * You can increase them as needed but beware that many temporary arrays in
 * Mesa are dimensioned by MAX_WIDTH or MAX_HEIGHT.

Did you try MAX_WIDTH or MAX_HEIGHT? Are they env variables?
If you could merge the tiles automatically, this would be great!

Yours

 Markus