[GRASS5] v.digit problems

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Thu Feb 22 03:35:11 EST 2001

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 08:42:26PM -0400, Bob Covill wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been using v.digit under with my latest build on Solaris. I am
> using v.digit with no digitizer (none) and the new osckets monitor.
>
> Everything starts fine and seems to work. The first problem that I
> have is the "Begin digitizing" menu flashes until it receives input
> from the monitor.
>
> After doing some digititizing and saving some segments I am suddenely
> unable to save any work. I will digitize a line, select "Quit" to stop
> digitizing and I am not prompted to save the line. Instead I am dumped
> back to the digitizer menu without the work saved.
>
> Is this a digitizer problem (v.digit) or is it possibly related to the
> new sockets window? I am using beta11 downloaded from CVS late last
> week.

Hmmm.  I don't see such things here (but that doesn't mean anything).
I have made some changes to the XDRIVER to try to handle Xevents better,
but it sounds like your having problems with the menu/curses part of
v.digit (maybe I misunderstand?). I wouldn't think the sockets code
would have too much effect on how v.digit itself behaves.  If the
problems are in the display monitor, then maybe so...

Perhaps this is related to curses problems others have mentioned.  Are
you using libncurses5.x, or some native curses implementation.  I
understand there's not alot of consistency between the various
implementations.

I'm also, not sure what changes of the XDRIVER implementation you've
picked up (I've made a few in the last week or so).  One way to test,
would be to recompile with FIFOs or IPC and see if that makes a
difference.  I suspect it won't.

Have you used v.digit in the past with your current set-up? And did it
work okay then?

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>