[GRASS5] Re: misoverwrite

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Feb 19 12:46:20 EST 2001

Hi Huidae,

[cc to grass5]

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 02:07:23AM +0900, Huidae Cho wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> It's my last curiosity tonight.
> Many many modules including r.reclass do not have feature to check
> misoverwriting output maps.
Yes, that's known.
See documents/parameter_proposal.txt

We have no decision yet here...

> I noticed that even g.copy and g.rename did not have this feature which
> i've already added.
>
> Isn't it dangerous?
Maybe yes. But if we want to implement the check, we need a "-f" (force
overwrite) flag for scripts. This may break modules already using
"-f" flag.

As GRASS 4.x was missing these checks as well, I propose to make
this consistent in 5.1. Other opinions?

> I typed this mail with my eyes closed.   .zZ ~
>
> Regards,
> Huidae Cho

Yours

 Markus