[GRASS5] Grass5 on Solaris

Bob Covill bcovill at tekmap.ns.ca
Fri Feb 16 08:16:34 EST 2001

Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 06:29:54PM -0800, Eric G . Miller wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 01:44:01PM -0400, Bob Covill wrote:
> > > Markus,
> > >
> > > You were close. It appears that flate.c was using the wrong config.h
> > > header. It was reading one from /usr/local/include, and therefore not
> > > getting any defines. If I manaully add the define HAVE_ZLIB_H to
> > > flate.c or add the full path to config.h it compiles cleanly.
> >
> > What the heck puts a config.h in /usr/local/include ?  I'd think that
> > would break a lot of software builds as config.h is the de facto
> > standard name for defining "configure" output.
> >
> > > The problem should be solvable by ensuring that the first "-I" flag
> > > looks in grass/src/include instead of picking other config.h files.
> >
> > Yes, it should probably always be -I. -I$(SRC)/src/include <whatever>.
>
> This I have seen this idea in other projects, too.
> Where to add -I.? In make.mid / CFLAGS=
> ?
>
> Markus

Markus & Eric,

I changed the order of EXTRA_CFLAGS and INCLUDE_DIR on the CFLAGS line of
make.mid in generic. This seems to have solved the problem of accidentally
picking up other config.h files (which apparaently should not be there in the
first place).

I have not compiled the whole thing yet so I do not know if it will have an
adverse affect down the road.

--
Bob Covill

Tekmap Consulting