[GRASS5] Socket XDriver

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Wed Feb 14 21:27:01 EST 2001

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 01:23:57AM +0900, GRASS wrote:
> Hi Eric, Hi all,
>
> What should i do to test sockets XDriver?
> it's strange, i've never seen any similar bug report on sockets XDriver.

I think you need to clean d.mon sources and recompile (having run
./configure --with-socks).  Sounds like the conditional compile did not
occur (start-up arguments have changed since SWITCHER still handles
nlev, but doesn't need FIFO arguments -- I didn't want to spend alot of
time figuring out if an argument should be interpreted as a FIFO name or
a number of color levels.  I guess it wouldn't have been too hard...).

> And suggestions about configure option name:
>
> 	--with-fifo		fifo XDriver
> 	--with-ipc		ipc XDriver
> 	--with-socket		socket XDriver	(i think it's better)
>
> Currently, option name is '--with-socks'. it's insonsistent.

I have no opinion.  "sock" is a common shorthand for socket.  If you
think --with-socket is clearer, then changing it is fine with me.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>