[GRASS5] Minor problem with new socket code

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Mon Feb 12 02:30:33 EST 2001

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 01:55:12PM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
> OK I got the fix, but now I get this error when compiling
> src/libes/raster
>
> 	cc -g  -I/usr/freeware/include
> -I/usr/people/jhickey/temp/grass/src/display/devices/lib
> -I/usr/people/jhickey/temp/grass/src/include  -c io.c -o
> OBJ.mips-sgi-irix6.5/io.o
> "io.c", line 4: error(1005): could not open source file "error.h"
>   #include <error.h>
>
> I am assuming this has something to do with the new sockets code but I'm
> not sure. Please let me know if I'm wrong. The error.h file is not
> included on SGI machines. I looked at it on a Linux machine and it
> defines a few functions, but it doesn't seem that they are used in io.c
> anywhere. Is this include file necessary?

Yes, it's new sockets code.  Possibly it's not needed (errno.h is for
sure).  Mostly just want all error number macro names and strerror().
That's it.  If error.h is superfluous, then it can be removed.

Okay, did some checks, and yes it's not needed.  I'll remove them in
CVS.  I was under the mistaken impression I needed it for something :).

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>