[GRASS5] G_sock_*, XDRIVER, and other fun...

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Mon Feb 12 02:13:46 EST 2001

Hi Eric

"Eric G . Miller" wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 01:42:30PM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
> > The migration code should be fairly simple. In fact we can make a
> > new script strictly for the migration so it would be easy to remove
> > later. The only things I can see to include in the script would be:
> >
> > o move the $HOME/.grassrc5 file to $HOME/.grass/grassrc
> > o move the $HOME/.tcltkgrassrc file to $HOME/.grass/tcltkgrassrc
>
> Maybe the Init code could handle this without the need for a separate
> script?

OK.

> Should grassrc contain a version string for later updates (with
> a well defined structure like Major.Minor.Revision)?

I don't see a real need for a version string. The contents of the file
are only environment variables and Grass doesn't assume the existance of
the file, so it doesn't matter if the variables exist or not. Therefore,
a version string is not necessary.

If we ever do decide to put something into grassrc other than
environment variables, then we would need a version string.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
High Performance Computing Center