[GRASS5] Minor problem with new socket code

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Mon Feb 12 01:55:12 EST 2001

Hi Eric

"Eric G . Miller" wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 12:01:53PM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
> > Hi Eric
> >
> > You added a #ifndef line to the file src/libes/gis/set_prior.c.
> > However, on SGI using MIPSpro compilers, an error is generated since
> > the #ifndef statement is missing an identifier. It wants something
> > like
> >
> > #ifndef PRIO_PROCESS
> >
> > Is that the correct identifier to use, or should we use something
> > else?
>
> Sorry, dumb mistake.  It should be as you have it.  gcc is sometimes
> to lax.

Yes gcc is a bit lax at times. :-(

OK I got the fix, but now I get this error when compiling
src/libes/raster

	cc -g  -I/usr/freeware/include
-I/usr/people/jhickey/temp/grass/src/display/devices/lib
-I/usr/people/jhickey/temp/grass/src/include  -c io.c -o
OBJ.mips-sgi-irix6.5/io.o
"io.c", line 4: error(1005): could not open source file "error.h"
  #include <error.h>

I am assuming this has something to do with the new sockets code but I'm
not sure. Please let me know if I'm wrong. The error.h file is not
included on SGI machines. I looked at it on a Linux machine and it
defines a few functions, but it doesn't seem that they are used in io.c
anywhere. Is this include file necessary?

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
High Performance Computing Center