[GRASS5] Re: Grass on CYGWIN/WIN32

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Fri Feb 9 04:33:11 EST 2001

John,

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 03:54:48PM -0700, John Huddleston wrote:
> Based on the additions from Malcolm, and some of my own,
> I have updated the compile_grass_with_wincygnus.txt in the
> documents directory.   Please update your file.
>
> I did not edit the html, Malcolm, let me know if you want
> me to do it.
>
> I uploaded a file grass5-20010206.zip to the incoming directory.
> This includes a StartGrass script in the /usr/local/grass5
> directory.    I think I added enough for someone to run
> it OK.  It is a relative root so someone can unzip it to
> their D: drive if necessary.
>
> Markus, please update the binary and the text file in
> http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass5/binary/windows_cygnus/

I have removed the old stuff there and uploaded the new binary package.
However, an installation instruction for installing the *binary* winGRASS
is required. Where to get it?

The compile_grass_with_wincygnus.txt is fine to be included in sources,
but in above grass5/binary/windows_cygnus/ directory the "README.html"
needs updating (I think so). There average user should know how to install
it :-) Please update this file as well.

Thanks in advance

 Markus