[GRASS5] Identify GRASS database directory

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu Feb 8 04:19:49 EST 2001

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 07:11:56PM +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Hi Bruce,
>
> if I have any directory, how can I decide if it is a GRASS database.
> Especially if it contains raster data?

Hi Bernhard,

you can check
src/tcltkgrass/script/gis_set.tcl
how Justin does the test.

> There must be something that all grass database directories have in
> common. If it is that WIND file, it would be sufficient for
> identification.
>
> So are there WIND files in all grass database directories?
Ususally there *is* a PERMANENT directory containing a file DEFAULT_WIND

This would be a nice test.

Hope this helps

 Markus

--
Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology