[GRASS5] Re-release of beta11

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue Feb 6 12:36:30 EST 2001

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 05:50:11PM +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 05:02:23PM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > due to the still existing GISBASE/dev bug I have to re-release
> > beta11 (already removed from web). As the create_*.sh scripts have not
> > been copied into the binary package, the grass5install.sh wipes out
> > the fifos without being able to reproduce them (was working before).
> > This simply makes GRASS beta11 unusable. :-((
>

> > Lucily the beta11 was not yet officially announced.
> > So I am preparing beta11b now.
>
> No.  Please release it as beta12!
> Because I have got a beta11 release tarball on my machine.

O.k.

> There is no shame in bumping the version number up.
It *is* in my opinion. As it becomes happening regularly.
As we always say: latest version before stable release,
we are confusing the users. I definitly dislike this.

> We might have gone with another pre release, if we have have felt
> the need to test a bit further.
Well, there is much pressure to get out the stable. Even
beta11 was taking too long (you reminded me here :-). So
if again having a twofold test-phase, it takes March to get
out beta12. Currently there is much waste of time in this.
Sorry, probably I am too overworked... but this is all a bit
odd as we regularly break promises.

Markus