[GRASS5] Configure Warning

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Tue Jan 30 00:17:21 EST 2001

On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 07:05:01PM -0800, Jeshua Lacock wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> FYI, this snip from my config output seems odd to me:
>
> checking Tcl include dirs... -I/usr/local/include
> checking Tk include dirs... -I/usr/local/include
> checking Tcl/Tk library dirs... -L/usr/local/lib
> checking for Tk_MainWindow in -ltk8.0... no
> configure: warning: *** Failed to find Tcl/Tk libraries
>
> It finds the Tcl/Tk libs, but reports it doesn't.

An unending burr in my britches... ;)

I'm guessing you get that with a clean slate (i.e. does removing
config.cache and re-running ./configure make a difference) ?

Probably another library is needed for 'ld' in the test script that is
generated.  Is Tk tied into the native GUI on OS X? or is it tied to
XFree86?  Could make a difference...

Maybe:

$ ldd /usr/lib/libtk8.0.so

will tell you (won't work on ar archives [*.a]).

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>