[GRASS5] Mac OS X errors

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Mon Jan 29 20:54:57 EST 2001

Hi Jeshua

Jeshua Lacock wrote:
> It says: "make: `install' is up to date." and it does nothing other
> then return the command prompt.  It doesn't hang or apparently do
> anything.

Hmmm. Is there a file in the same directory called "install"? If so
please rename it and then "make install" should work. If not, I know
there is a file called "install-sh", try renaming that file.

> One note, I ran the make script as root and proceeded despite the
> warning.  I think I am going to compile pre2 as a regular user....

Compiling as root shouldn't matter. The warning is there because in
general, user root should be used as little as possible to avoid
catastrophic errors.

I hope this helps.

--
Sincerely,