[GRASS5] Bad Fifo! - Mac OS X

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at SierraMaps.com
Sat Jan 27 19:15:15 EST 2001

>I'm  sorry.
>
>The code in src/libes/raster/   needs to be updated as well.  You should only
>need to update the io.c file in that directory.  Sorry for the extra work.
>(This is the routine where the error message is generated - but both this and
>the XDRIVER were changed together).
>
>Malcolm
>
>Jeshua Lacock wrote:
>
>>  On Friday, January 26, 2001, at 04:34 PM, Malcolm Blue wrote:
>>
>>  > Please see the messages related to XDRIVER problems on the list.  These
>>  > problems were caused by an inadvertent mix of FIFO and IPC messaging  in
>>  > the grass libraries and the XDRIVER and the file types in the dev
>>  > directory.
>>  >
>>  > The XDRIVER code has been reinstated, so you should update the
>>  > src/display/devices/XDRIVER directory.  After that it should work for
>>  > you.
>>
>>  Hi Malcolm,
>>
>  > I just updated and compiled, and I get the same fifo error.

Hi again,

I updated io.c, compiled and got the same error, so I updated the
whole src/libes/raster/ directory and I still get the same error:

    /usr/local/grass5/dev/fifo.1a: Operation not supported

Heres a ls -la of fifo.1a:
    prw-rw-rw-  1 jeshua  wheel  0 Jan 25 23:48 /usr/local/grass5/dev/fifo.1a

Is it normal to be zero bytes?

Thanks,
--
Jeshua Lacock