[GRASS5] XDRIVER problem

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Fri Jan 26 04:07:34 EST 2001

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 07:55:07PM +0100, Radim Blazek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some problems with XDRIVER:
>
> GRASS:~ > d.mon start=x1
> using default visual which is TrueColor
> Visual is read-only or using a private colormap
> ncolors: 32768
> allocating memory...
> Graphics driver [x1] started
> Please start graphics monitor <x1>.
> Error - Graphics monitor <x1> not running!
>
> (But monitor window is opened)
>
> GRASS:~ > d.mon select=x1
> Please start graphics monitor <x1>.
> Error - Graphics monitor <x1> not running!
>

> One week old version seems to work well.
> I have similar problem on two computers.
> The source is fresh from CVS. (Linux RH6, KDE1)

 Radim,

John Huddleston has benn uploading the IPC code into XDRIVER
from Malcolm Blue (unfortunately without announcement).

>From my experience it works well in Linux, but:
You have to rebuild most. See the file README.ipc (which is a script
as well), it should do the job. After compilation it will run o.k.

Or am I wrong? John, please post the changes!!

 Markus

Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology
Schneiderberg 50 * D-30167 Hannover * Germany
Tel: ++49-(0)511-762-4494  Fax: -3984