[GRASS5] r.lzw2z updated...

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Tue Jan 23 00:20:39 EST 2001

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 06:01:03PM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > Eric,
> >
> > just tested the updated module:
> >
> >  - no segfault any more, but
> >  - I get this warning:
> >    Processing aspect at helge ... Copying ... WARNING:
> >    cell_misc/aspect/f_format file may be corrupted!
> >
> >    Processing slope at helge ... Copying ... WARNING: cell_misc/slope/f_format
> >    file may be corrupted!
> >
> > There seems to be one bug left.
>
> I have tried the converted maps: They are OK! So maybe just
> the return value is reverted (it simply shouldn't print above warning).
>
> Can't see any problems except the confusing warning with your updated
> r.lzw2z
>
> Re-running it is o.k. as well:
> Skipping raster aspect at demomapset -- Not LZW compressed
> Skipping raster slope at demomapset -- Not LZW compressed
>
> So, if you revert the if-clause (or whatever) for the WARNING,
> I think r.lzw2z is working well.

Okay, r.lzw2z is slightly updated.  Should fix the small error when only
one raster exists in fcell/ (wasn't dangerous).  Tried to fix warning
message above.  Can't really figure it out.  If I add a print statement,
to print the "stat" value returned by the G_fwrite_key_value() function,
the error goes away.  Go figure...

All I can reason is that the calling function G_write_key_value_file()
checks the return value of fclose() against EOF and reports an error
code if EOF was returned.  Maybe a glibc bug?  I haven't really tested
that possibility.  Anyway, it always seems to work correctly whether or
not the return code is correct.  I did check the G_fwrite_key_value() is
returning zero.  Hmm...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>