[GRASS5] Where in the world are GRASS developers...

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Jan 22 13:23:23 EST 2001

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 10:36:07AM -0400, Bob Covill wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I believe that the NetCDF binned shoreline from GMT comes with political
> borders. The political boundaries are derived from the World Data Bank II
> dataset. I have no idea how accurate or current the boundaries are.
>
> If you are interested I could extract the boundaries from the dataset and
> pass them on as a dig_assci file for import.

Hi Bob,

it seems that these data (except the tons of VMap3) are the only free
data. If possible, please extract. Then we can update the "global"
dataset as well. Please choose a vector export format which carries
the cats as well (country names).

Thanks

 Markus

--
Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology