[GRASS5] Where in the world are GRASS developers...

Bob Covill bcovill at tekmap.ns.ca
Mon Jan 22 09:36:07 EST 2001

Hello,

I believe that the NetCDF binned shoreline from GMT comes with political borders. The
political boundaries are derived from the World Data Bank II dataset. I have no idea
how accurate or current the boundaries are.

If you are interested I could extract the boundaries from the dataset and pass them on
as a dig_assci file for import.

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Radim,
>
> sounds good to me. Like that we keep it in sync. What about using
> HTMLMAP driver to generate the map?
> http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/gdp/html_grass5/html/htmlmapdriver.html
>
> We could use v.bubble to make the circles and use d.area/HTMLMAP then.
>
> Does anyone have a free political world map (vector)? If so it could be
> added to "global" dataset as well.
>
> Markus

Bob Covill

Tekmap Consulting