[GRASS5] sites: bug in G_sites routines?

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Sun Jan 21 11:35:25 EST 2001

Hi all,

finally I found the problem with site lists! :-)

In my table such a string occured:
@"BB\CF"

The character "\" drives the sites lib crazy. After
changing it to @"BB/CF" my large table is accepted.

Unfortunately "BB\CF" is German soils terminology (soil types).
BB/CF is *not* the same as BB\CF, therefore I have to keep
it. How to convince the sites library to allow "\" character?

So far I am glad that the sites library manages large tables
and the new s.in.dbf seem to work.

It would be very helpful to allow "\" character in a string field.

Sorry for this confusion,

 Markus