[GRASS5] GRASS and backspace key

Roger S. Miller rgrmill at rt66.com
Thu Jan 18 11:50:46 EST 2001

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Markus Neteler wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> another annoying thing is that GRASS has some problems
> with backspace key. If you enter a map name, it will
> result to this:
>
>  VECTOR (DIGIT) FILENAME
> Enter 'list' for a list of existing binary vector files
> Hit RETURN to cancel request
> > linien^H^H^H^H^H

Try ctrl-backspace.

Just now I wasn't able to find a command that gave me that problem while
running Linux and testing with the KDE desktop and fvwm2 window manager or
with OS/2 with the ICE window manager.  I've seen it (plenty) before and
found it very frustrating.  In all cases I've found if backspace doesn't
work then ctrl-backspace does.

Roger Miller
Lee Wilson and Associates