[GRASS5] grass5.0beta

Justin Saarinen jsaarine at ufl.edu
Wed Jan 17 11:11:05 EST 2001

Malcolm,

I re- tarred the grass tarball in the /opt/grass5sources directory.  The
tar -xvf command did not uncompress a directory called grass5.0beta10 in
the /opt/grass5sources directory. It did make the following directories:
bin,
bwidget,dev,documents,driver,etc,fonts,include,lib,man,scripts,tcltkgrass,and
txt. There is a file called grass5 in the directory but it is only a
file of an unkown type. What am I doing wrong? Is there a problem with
the gzip file I downloaded?

Thanks,

Justin S.