[GRASS5] GRASS 5.0/5.1

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan at intevation.de
Wed Jan 17 08:27:01 EST 2001

On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 09:49:20AM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:
> GRASS 5.0 final:
>  - do we want a beta11 release?
>    -> Maybe yes, as we want to know
>         o if the graphical login is really stable now
>         o the updated Makefile works properly on any machine (I think yes)
>         o test the LZW-removal

I vote for a beta11 as soon as possible.
It will be definitely better than beta10
and will generate reports on serious problems.

As soon as we see there are not major issues,
we should agree on what to do until 5.0.

>  - generally we need to agree about "what's final". As several bugs are
>    still open, we have to consider if we can live with that and/or
>    eventually comment buggy modules from the default compile list.

drop buggy modules where no one says he/she will fix it within 4 weeks.
(I am not sure whether 4 is the time table you think of, just a proposal :-)

>  - If we don't push the final release, we'll never get it out.

right.

	Jan

--
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/