[GRASS5] GRASS 5.0/5.1
neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Jan 17 04:49:20 EST 2001
again days are passing by... We have to act now!
On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 09:45:35PM -0800, Eric G . Miller wrote:
> 1. I vote we just publish a final GRASS 5.0 real soon. We'll just be
> upfront about outstanding bugs (Note: we *really* need to turn off that
> LZW code then... seems most the other license/patent issues have been
> moved out of main src/compile tree).
GRASS 5.0 final:
- do we want a beta11 release?
-> Maybe yes, as we want to know
o if the graphical login is really stable now
o the updated Makefile works properly on any machine (I think yes)
o test the LZW-removal
- generally we need to agree about "what's final". As several bugs are
still open, we have to consider if we can live with that and/or
eventually comment buggy modules from the default compile list.
- If we don't push the final release, we'll never get it out.
- Personal minimum requirement for 5.0 stable is
- working import/export modules (at least for the common formats)
- configure stable
The current CVS version nearly fulfils it.
- obviously there is no final agreement yet about the directory structure.
Andreas pointed out that this directory structure might not be that
- Question is
- if we need to split into core and topic oriented packages
- if we could split into core and topic oriented packages *without*
splitting the source code
Generally I think we should keep the sources directory structure as simple
as possible. Something like
So it differs slightly from my last proposal :-)
If you want to unsubscribe from GRASS Development Team mailing list write to:
minordomo at geog.uni-hannover.de with
subject 'unsubscribe grass5'
More information about the grass-dev