[GRASS5] STDS(DEM)2ASC and Possible Bug

Kevin Atkinson kevina at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 16 23:08:51 EST 2001

Attached which will convert STDS DEM files to a format suitable for
reading with r.in.ascii.  It is a modified version of STDS2ARC based on the
information presented at
http://www.baylor.edu/~grass/faq/importing_usgs_7_5min.html. It used the
Grass 5 "null:" field to set the null value.

Also, I think I found a bug 5.0beta10:  When I import the file GRASS
draws two random dots in the upper left corner of the grid file being
imported.  In particular when I converted and imported the Savage, MD grid
I got a dot of value 0 in the corner and a dot of value 107 on the
left edge a little farther down.  Those values are not in the grid file.

I suggest you update the above mentioned page to use my utility instead and
also change the title to "USGS 7.5min STDS DEM data" as I originally
overlooked it when trying to figure out how to make use of the STDS DEM
files as it only said "USGS 7.5min DEM data".

I do not plan to farther enhance this utility other then to fix obvious
bugs as I am have a gazillion other projects which are higher on priority
list.  I also have no plans on becoming a grass developer.

I am not subscribed to the list so please CC me.

Thanks.

---
Kevin Atkinson
kevina at users sourceforge net