[GRASS5] Gmakefiles - make.mid

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Fri Jan 5 08:37:34 EST 2001

Hi Markus,

i would vote for the below change.

But we should check if there are programs that rely on the old paths.
I remember that at least for tcltkgrass some programs use hard-coded
paths. I recall that some man-generation program used the alpha/main
classification for a footer, but that may have changed with the new
man-system.

Perhaps some grep'ping can help.

cu,

Andreas

Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 10:33:12AM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
> > Hi Markus
> >
> > Markus Neteler wrote:
> > > I propose to keep only
> > > BIN_MAIN_INTER  = $(ETC)/bin/main/inter
> > > BIN_MAIN_CMD    = $(ETC)/bin/main/cmd
> > >
> > > and change all Gmakefiles by a script. This would simplify again
> > > the install procedure.
> >
> > I agree.
>
> Maybe we again simplify that to:
>
> BIN_INTER  = $(ETC)/bin/inter
> BIN_CMD    = $(ETC)/bin/cmd
>
> Or did I overlook anything?
>
> Justin - in case of no objections to change, could your nice change script
> do the job? If too much, please send the script and I'll do it next week.
>
> Yours
>
>  Markus

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net