[GRASS5] v.digit dumps core

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Thu Jan 4 06:11:56 EST 2001

Hello all

Some of you already know that v.digit dumps core on my SGI machine when
I confirm that I want to continue after selecting the digitizing file. I
found the statement that is causing the core dump, but I have no idea
why the variable in question is NULL. The line of code that fails is
line 312 of src/mapdev/v.digit/digmain.c:

for (i = 0 ; M_edit.item[i].text != NULL ; i++)

The reason it dumps core is that M_edit.item is NULL thus there is no
elements in the array. However, I have no idea where this array is
supposed to be initialized. This particular line of code has been in the
file since grass was switched to CVS. Note that this particular piece of
code is executed when there is no digitizer selected (ie digitize with
the mouse) but we have been able to run v.digit before. The etc/digcap
file seems to be fine as well.

If anyone has any ideas or even confirmation that this bug exists on
other systems, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. This is
rather urgent since we would like to start a digitizing project on
Monday.

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
High Performance Computing Center