[GRASS5] Publish beta11 ?

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu Jan 4 04:18:24 EST 2001

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 01:44:53PM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
> Justin Hickey wrote:
> >
> > Hi Markus
> >
> > Markus Neteler wrote:
> > > as the new Makefile seems to work o.k, shall I publish
> > > the beta11 sources?
> >
> > My vote is yes.
>
> Make that no. I found problems with $(VASK) mixing library files and -l
> linker options in several modules. It appears to be a simple fix but I
> will take a closer look to see if I can fix this quickly. Also, v.digit
> now dumps core for me on IRIX (see bug report).
Aarg!! Sorry, sorry, my fault....

It will have to do with $(VASKLIB) and $(VASK). I have simplified all
$(VASKLIB) to $(VASK). That was wrong...

Looking at src/CMD/generic/make.mid

I see that the difference is:
VASKLIB     = $(LIBDIR)/libvask.a
VASK        = $(VASKLIB) $(CURSES)

Perhaps you could check the Gmakefile of v.digit for that and tell me what's
correct. Then I'll go ahead and change again all the related gmakefiles
containing VASK[LIB].

Sorry for this inconvenience, but this VASK/VASKLIB stuff is still unclear
to me (like the double VECTLIB/DIG2LIB stuff).

Yours

 Markus