[GRASS5] Releasing GRASS 5.0.0final?

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Tue Jul 17 09:17:42 EDT 2001

Hi all,

i remember only two things that need to be addressed before the final
release:
- add a warning note that r|v|s.proj do not perform datum shifting. Must
be added to the man/html page and could be added as a output of the
modules.
Think that some warnings/recommendations should be put somewhere central
on the map datum support in grass too. I have currently no CVS access,
so i can not do this.
- check that the problem with the gcc compiler and include paths on IRIX
and Solaris is solved (can't remember this).

HTH,

Andreas

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> suprisingly it is very silent here since a few days... summertime?
> Although there are a few (known) bugs, I feel it is time to
> release GRASS 5.0.0final and to start with 5.1.0 then.
>
> Too much important changes are waiting and I don't expect that
> we get 5.0.0 fully bug free.
>
> If there are no objections, I will tag 5.0.0final the next days.
>
> Markus

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net