[GRASS5] Getting r.in.gdal running

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jul 25 16:19:58 EDT 2001

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Things that could go wrong include it not being in the right directory
> (although both the first and third attempts should find it in your case),
> not having the right filename, not defining GDALOpen (e.g.  because the
> name is "decorated"), or failing to load necessary dependencies (e.g. my
> version requires the TIFF, JPEG, PNG and zlib libraries, as well as
> libstdc++ and the libc, libm and libdl system libraries).

Glynn,

  Frank put me back on the tracks by checking the shared library
dependencies. gdal was built with glibc-2.2 and I have glibc-2.1.3
installed. Duh! So, I grabbed the 1.1.5b1 tarball and built it locally. Now
it runs.

  I do, however, have a projection mis-match between the SDTS DEM file and
my project file. I'm not sure how to handle this now, but I'll be playing
with it this afternoon and see what I can learn.

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
                 Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.