[GRASS5] nviz script

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Fri Jul 27 23:26:08 EDT 2001

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 03:03:03PM -0400, Helena Mitasova wrote:
> We have just installed GRASS5.00pre1 and it seems that that the nviz
> start-up script was removed (or never put into release) and nviz is
> called by nviz2.2 (and path must be given first). The script worked
> well and was more convenient than the old nviz2.2, I was wondering why
> it was removed. It was not the cause of the crashes that I still have
> (both when running nviz2.2 and nviz) and it seems that it is more
> LINUX7.1 problem rather than GRASS.  I believe that the script should
> be put back - or am I just confusing this release with the newer CVS
> version?

I don't know how much it matters, but Red Hat 7.1 uses that braindamaged
gcc-2.9.6.  It may make a difference to compile from source (if you
aren't already).  With the current tagged "april..." CVS, nviz is
working okay here (and using the shell script for start-up).  Of course,
this is a "works for me" answer...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>