[GRASS5] Owner of source files

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jul 29 15:07:38 EDT 2001

  I tried working on the metadata system in (on my system)
/opt/grass/src/scripts/contrib/metadata. When I tried to save a README file
with my notes on what each file appeared to be doing, I couldn't save it. So
I checked the permissions.

  Turns out that this directory (at least) is owned by user "103" in group
"vmware98"! Where did this come from?

  Tracing this through:

	/opt/grass		root.root
	/opt/grass/src		103.vmware98

  This is the CVS weekly snapshot from 17 July.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
                 Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.